Monday, November 12, 2007

Testimony of my Uncle Isaac

The last time I was ask to pen my testimony was some 30 years ago when i was in my late teens. At that time, I recited the 4 spiritual laws and I received the Lord as my Saviour and was baptized the following year. The early year of Christian life after leaving school was not as dramatic as when I entered the workforce. The attractions of the world and the sarcasms from colleagues discouraged me so much that I wanted to give up my faith and get lost in the noisy confusion of life. But God is faithful and I was reminded that a truly born-again Christian would not desire to live a life of sin. While on earth, I am not perfect and I constantly need the prompting of the Holy Spirit to restore my fellowship with God. I learned that I need to repent of any sin right away for God is merciful and forgiving. (Dan 9:9)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places (Eph. 6:12)

God alienated me from my friends and their habits (when He sent me to Singapore and our family left Malaysia.) He settled me in this island where I could worship Him without distractions from these friends. I thank God for providing a place for me to worship and also to be fed with his Words.

This is a song that I used to sing ages ago. I used to shared it with friends ad colleagues:

One day I was wondering
what it is all about
Life is full of heart break,
restlessness and doubt
then a gentle stranger whispered
Word of Love
Pointed me to heaven,
wrote my name above
i know where I'm going
and who I'm going to see
I 've a friend named Jesus
waiting there for me
He has given something
that only He could give
He gave his life in payment
so that I could live

Yes, when I leave this world I know where I am going and who is going with me.

To him be the glory both now and forever. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

woowoo said...

hey! I hope you don't mind.. I searched google for the song, for my mum sings it sometimes, and this is the only copy I found on the whole web! I don't know the name of it even, but thank you for sharing, and for sharing the testimony! I appreciate it a lot and shared the song on facebook. Thanks again, sis in the Lord!