Thursday, October 01, 2015

I hate CNY

I used to like Chinese New Year but expectation of other for me increases. It upset me so much that I begin to dislike it.


Situation 1

If the host invite another family over for reunion dinner, well I take it as this host is very hospitable and all will enjoy the dinner.

Second year, the same family came again and it continue for the next few years to go. How would you feel? I felt that this visiting family is not "Auto". People invite for a year or two, you can't turn down the invitation, well acceptable. But if it continue for the third year onward, then this family is not that nice after all.

Since I cannot stop the host for inviting, I excuse myself from the family reunion dinner from this year onward.



Situation 2

When I offer to help out during the CNY cooking, I was sneer by the host's siblings and chase out of the kitchen. Behind my back, they said "She know how to cook our family dishes meh?"

So, I decided not to help out but sit at one corner for further CNY dinner. However, those people refuse to let go and started saying I refuse to help out.

To stop all these, I refuse to go back during CNY.



Situation 3

Neighbours like to knock on my door to give me CNY goodies, I politely told them we don't celebrate and please take it back. But each year they just come knocking at my door.

To put a stop to it, I paste a 不得好死 notice on my gate

No comments: