Friday, October 09, 2015

Is it worthwhile?

It had been in my mind for a long time. Did I married the right man? We are not well off, we are just 2 average working adult when we decided to get married 12 years ago.

I go to the extreme to help him save money - I reject the use of maid in honor and bride maids so that we don't need to spend extra money on the outfit & ang paos for door opening and no need to rent extra car for them, I reject kind gesture from my nephew to open the car door - again to save money on ang pao.

I accept his family decision for wedding dinner in JB - his hometown cause it is cheaper. I reject my mum request for a simple wedding dinner for my relative in Singapore (the cost of the simple dinner will cost the same as the one in JB).

I reduced the amount for the bridal gift - again to help him cut cost.

My explanation to others were, I dislike all these Chinese traditions.

What did I get in return? He hit me if I never reach his expectation over the children issue.

No comments: